Bank holiday closures this year are:
Monday 27th May 2019
Monday 26th August 2019
Wednesday 25th December & Thursday 26th December 2019
If you require urgent care whilst we are closed, please call 111 or visit the Urgent Care Centre on London Road.
Urgent Care Centre
The centre provides access to assessment and treatment if you need help with a health problem that is urgent, but not life-threatening.
This is a walk-in service, open between 7am and 9pm, 365 days a year, with no appointment needed.
You can call 0115 883 8500 for directions, current waiting times or to make an appointment for appointment based services. Healthcare advice cannot be given out over the telephone.
The centre offers assessment and treatment for health conditions, e.g:
- Under 2s - please contact 111 for advice on the best service available for you
- Minor burns or scalds
- Minor head injury with no loss of consciousness
- Skin infections or animal bites
- Suspected broken bones, sprains & strains (X-ray service available)
- Eye infections or minor eye injuries
The centre is not appropriate for:
- Non-urgent treatment that could be treated by your GP
- Routine services such as blood tests or wound dressing / suture removal
Other treatment options
For minor health problems such as coughs and colds you can obtain advice and over the counter treatments from a pharmacist.
For advice on a health problem call 111 24 hours a day. For life-threatening emergencies dial 999.
There is an NHS dental service available on-site that can provide free advice on dental problems. Consultation with the Dentist or any treatment will require you to pay a contribution as per the standard NHS dental charges. You may be exempt from these charges, for more information see http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/
The dental nurse is available and will offer dental nurse triage and advice:
- 8.30 to 17.45 Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- 8.30 to 18.45 Tuesday and Thursday
- 8.00 to 12.45 Saturday and Bank Holidays
For advice please phone 111.